National Disaster Engineering (NDRRA)
Greenfield has played a key role in the assessment, management and delivery of over $80M worth of works under the National Disaster Flood Damage Relief program for Shires across the Mid-West, Gascoyne, Goldfields, Pilbara, Kimberley, Wheatbelt and the Interior over the past 9 years. Our in-house resources have extensive knowledge of the NDRRA process which maximises the value of works to the Client. We take a full project lifecycle approach to administering NDRRA projects which involves completing the physical damage assessment, preparation of the cost estimate for restoration works, liaison with Main Roads WA and the Office of Emergency Management, management of the tender process to engage plant hire contractors and works supervisors, perform the role of contract superintendent and complete management of the financial recoup system.
Our clients have included:
- City of Greater Geraldton
- Shire of Ashburton
- Shire of Cue
- Shire of Dowerin
- Shire of Halls Creek
- Shire of Irwin
- Shire of Laverton
- Shire of Meekatharra
- Shire of Morawa
- Shire of Mount Magnet
- Shire of Murchison
- Shire of Narrogin
- Shire of Perenjori
- Shire of Sandstone
- Shire of Upper Gascoyne
- Town of Port Hedland
- Shire of Derby West Kimberley
- Shire of Wiluna
Greenfield frequently performs the role of Contract Superintendent. In this role, Greenfield administers the construction contract on behalf of the Client, or Principal which involves managing the tender process for construction contractors, engaging the selected contractor, providing assurance of the Project’s cost, schedule and quality and resolving technical queries with the works contractor.
Greenfield has the capacity to provide Site Supervisors, Superintendent’s Representative’s and Quality Assurance Officers to road and drainage construction projects. When combined with our design and Superintendent’s services, this optimises the Project Management structure enabling clear and efficient communication between the Client, Designer and Construction Contractor whilst ensuring all quality specifications are met.
Shire Engineering Consultant
Greenfield provides ongoing consultant engineering services to various Shires across the state. The scope of work varies but typically involves:
- Engineering investigation and reporting for various civil engineering assets
- Providing engineering support for the Town Planning function
- Preparation of funding submissions including Regional Road Group funding as well as the associated preliminary and detailed design
- State Black Spot funding submissions including Road Safety Audits and associated detailed design
- Preparation of Annual Works Budget and Works Program
- Preparation of Tender Documentation and Contract Administration
- Facilitate works on MRWA road network by local government workforces.